Oxford School Atlas (34th Edition)
Oxford University Press
No. of Pages:
About the Book
The Oxford School Atlas has been trusted by generation of students, researchers and general readers for its accuracy for depths of cartographic detail. This completely new 34th CD edition of the atlas includes 200 clear and easy-to-understand maps with 94 thematic maps of India supported by charts and diagrams. The atlas contained detailed physical and political maps related to India, new and informative preliminary pages, and extensive coverage of core thematic issues such as climate, natural vegetation, wildlife, agriculture, minerals, industry, demography, human development, environmental concern, and natural hazards in a completely new design and layout.
- Provides the latest available demographics and socio-economic data culled from authoritative sources, such as Census of India 2011, statistical year book India 2013, planning commission reports, PRB 2012, HDR 2013, FAO, WMO, The world bank. British geological survey, etc.
- Includes separate physical and political maps of India and the continents
- Contains new and informative thematic maps including 20 maps focusing on Indian agriculture, 15 maps on mineral and industries and 17 on demography and human development
- Reflect recent geopolitical and socio-economic developments, and climate and environmental concern focusing on India and the world
- Provides comprehensive coverage of continent including thematic features of each continents, and regional maps of country and region
- Includes a new and informative section on ‘World-Facts and Figures’ comprising the latest information on each country including flags, ‘World-Statistics’, ‘World-Geographic Comparisons’, and a ‘World-Time Zones’ map
- Contains a fully updated and revised index