Oxford Amazing Science Class 8
Oxford University Press
Champa Banerjee, Maya Divakar, Sarah Jacob, Racika Raman
No. of Pages:
About the Book & Series
Amazing Science Revised Edition comprises eight books for classes 1 to 8. The series conforms fully to vision of the National curriculum Framework and to the continuous and comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) guidelines laid down by CBSE.
The books for classes 6 to 8 comply with the syllabi prescribed by the NCERT and follow the thematic approach recommended to bridge middle school science to the science curriculum in classes IX and X.
- Starting Off: Pictorial exercise act as a starter and build on students’ prior knowledge.
- Practice: Short paper-pencil tests enable quick and easy assessment of learning progress.
- Discuss: Probing questions develop verbal abilities and assess depth of learning.
- Explore: Hands-on experiments enable application of theoretical knowledge to practical situations.
- Summing Up: Comprehensive pictorial concept maps summarize the total expected learning.
- Let’s Recall: A variety of questions test learners’ remembering and understanding abilities.
- Let’s Apply: HOTS questions hone analyzing and evaluating abilities.
- Let’s Think: Problem Solving Assessment (PSA) tools hone the 21st Century Skills recommended by CBSE.
- Let’s Do: Picture-based exercise develop observation and drawing skills in a graded manner.
- Let’s Try: Hands-on activities, presentations, field tours, and research work give opportunities to develop creativity, aesthetic skills, collaboration, and team work.
- Test Papers: Test papers with a variety of questions test learning and understanding of the entire unit.
- Assessment Sheets: Self and Peer Assessment sheets for Formative Assessments take into account the need for students to assess themselves and their peers. Summative assessments sheets prepare students for summative assessment.
- Virtual Lab: Engaging exercise in a virtual lab environmental test application of key concepts in biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Life Skills: Builds and strengthens key life skills and helps students make informed decisions and solve problems in a healthy and productive manner.