Oxford Amazing Science Class 3
Oxford University Press
No. of Pages:
About the Book
Amazing Science Revised Edition comprises eight books for classes 1 to 8. The series conforms fully to vision of the National curriculum Framework and to the continuous and comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) guidelines laid down by CBSE.
The books for classes 1 to 5 have been designed specially for schools teaching a basic course in science at the primary level. Written simple, child friendly language, the series aims to develop scientific skills in young learners.
- Starting Off: Pictorial exercise act as a starter and build on students’ prior knowledge.
- Practice: short paper-pencil tests enable quick and easy assessment of learning progress.
- Discuss: Probing questions develop verbal abilities and assess depth of learning.
- Summing Up: comprehensive pictorial concept maps summarize the total expected learning.
- Let’s Recall: A variety of questions test learners’ remembering and understanding abilities.
- Let’s Apply: HOTS questions hone analyzing and evaluating abilities.
- Let’s Do: Picture-based exercise develop observation and drawing skills in a graded manner.
- Let’s Try: Hands-on activities, presentations, field tours, and research work give opportunities to develop creativity, aesthetic skills, collaboration, and team work.
- Test Papers: Test papers with a variety of questions test the learners’ learning and understanding of the entire unit.
- Assessment Sheets: Self and Peer Assessment sheets for Formative Assessments take into account the need for students to assess themselves and their peers. Summative assessments sheets prepare students for summative assessment.
- Virtual Tour: A two page virtual tour to explore places such as park, beach, zoo, etc., without leaving the classroom. This helps to hone and test key scientific skills.
- Life Skills: Builds and strengthens key life skills and helps students make informed decisions and solve problems in a healthy and productive manner.