Frank Educational Aids Pvt. Ltd.
No. of Pages:
About the book & Series
This series consisting of classic from English literature, is intended to promote the habit of reading in young children. The stories are adapted and simplified for young readers of different age groups and language proficiency. The headwords indicate the active vocabulary of the child in the relevant age group. This series also enhances comprehension and learning through.
- A variety of comprehension exercises
- Amazing activities and projects
- Added information on movie and theatre adaptations
- Web links
- Stories have been selected as per the recommendations of various Boards and Schools
- Unfamiliar words and phrases in the text are explained through footnotes
- Careful grading of language and vocabulary make for easy reading and comprehension
- Large, Colourful and attractive illustrations not only bring the story to life but also aid child’s understanding of the text
- Comprehension questions that follow the text are a further aid to Comprehension and help the teacher grade the students
- A special supplement at the end comprising activities, nuggets of information, weblinks and information about film adaptations provide deeper insight into the life and times in which each story is set, and whets the student’s appetite to explore further.
Gulliver’s Travels (Jonathan Swift)
One of the most liked classics, “Gulliver’s Travels” has a universal appeal. The wonderful adventures of a ship’s doctor have fascinated and amused readers all over the world. Young and old have loved the stories about the tiny Lilliputians and the giant Brobdingnagians. Wherever English is spoken, or read, Lemuel Gulliver’s strange adventures have left their mark. Readers till date remember Jonathan Swift for giving them immense joy through this fascinating story.