Spotlight On General Knowledge 7
Cordova Publications Pvt. Ltd.
Dhiren M Doshi
No. of Pages:
About the book & Series
Spotlight on General Knowledge is a learner friendly, graded series of eight books for Classes 1 to 8. As a subject, General Knowledge can be immensely vast, unmanageable and burdensome. The contents include a systematic, purposeful and objective study of a wide range of disciplines and environment around us. This satisfies the inquisitiveness of the learner’s questioning of how, what, where, who and why in a systematic manner. Thus, they become active participants in the process of learning and find it an enjoyable, creative and engaging activity. The series enables them to keep abreast of all the information, changes and progress taking place in the world today. It prepares the learners to face this highly competitive and informative-oriented contemporary world with confidence and success.
- Each book of the series consists of a mix-bag of topics-Plants and Animals, Science and Technology, Around the World, Our India, Travel, Sports and Entertainment, Language and Literature, Brain, Strainers, Health and Fitness, Our Environment, Life Skills, Value Education and General Awareness.
- The text has a powerful visual appeal and is profusely illustrated with suitable pictures, multicoloured photographs, tables and attractive cartoons to stimulate learner’s curiosity.
- Brain Strainers based on figures, numerical ability and reasoning, that sharpen the intellect of the learners and also familiarise them with modern testing methodologies, have been included.
- Do You Know ? entries throughout the book highlight astonishing facts.
- Internet search provided in the chapters, trains the learners for research-based learning, problem solving and self-study.
- Test Papers help the learners recall the concepts learnt and evaluate their learning outcome.
- Simple and lucid language is used to ensure a child-friendly approach.
- Answers and explanatory answers (wherever needed) are provided at the end of each book.
- Free Smart Class Software is provided with lesson-based videos and animations to make learning enjoyable.
- Interactive quizzes and interactive exercises for self assessment have been included.
- Web Based Support provided with each book contains specially designed Test Papers and Worksheets for teachers which is available at www.websupportcordova.in
- Cordova Today, the monthly educational newspaper on current affairs, is available on subscription.
- For Live Test Papers login to www.cordovajoyfullearning.com