Adventuring Beyond A Course In Social Studies Book 8
Britannica (India) Pvt. Ltd
No. of Pages:
About the book & Series
Adventuring beyond is a Encyclopedia Britannica series of three social science textbooks for Classes 6,7, and 8, covering History, Geography, Social and Political Life. This series is an extension of the Adventuring beyond Social Studies series for Classes 1 to 5. Conforming to the National Curriculum Framework, 2005 and designed according to the new NCERT Upper Primary syllabus, 2005, Adventuring beyond is comprehensive and revolves around ideas and themes drawn from History, Geography, Civics, Economics, and Sociology in a balanced manner. Suitably graded, the series develops the social, cultural, and analytical skills required to adjust to an increasingly interdependent and diverse world.
- Variety of activities, experiments, surveys, and craft activities to learn while doing.
- Assignments and HOTS queries to develop thinking and scientific skills
- Opportunities for group discussion and debate
- Additional information including factoids and case studies for discussion and inference
- Awareness of and sensitivity towards ecological issues
- Infobits on healthy living
- Web resources to encourage research and investigative skills
- Word bank of social science terms and a running glossary with meanings of difficult words
- Sample test papers for each term
- CD-Rom that supplements the textbook content with chapter wise animations, visual information, and interactive exercises
- Teacher’s book and teacher notes to assist the teaching process.
- Specific CCE icons alongside exercises and assignments indicate skills for evaluation through continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE).
Adventuring beyond… aims to develop skills that will help learners seek harmony in the diversity of the world around them, encourage learners to blaze new paths, and have a learning experience that goes beyond.