Oxford New Active English Coursebook Class 5
Oxford University Press
No. of Pages:
About the Book & Series
Active English has established itself as the most comprehensive English language course available for learners. Carefully graded and structured, the course has proved to be extremely effective and popular for children from kindergarten to class 5. This revised edition includes new, carefully selected stories, fresh illustrations and is presented in an attractive new format.
The course comprise twelve books: the Introductory Book and Workbook, Books 1-5 and Workbooks 1-5. The workbooks provide controlled practice in the writing of items dealt with In the main books.
- Both the phonic and the look-and-say approach to reading are used at the initial stages
- Language structures and vocabulary are introduced at an appropriate pace
- Built-in revision material, strategically placed, makes for continuous assessment
- Formal reading begins form Book 3 onwards; a variety of reading passages with comprehension exercises are included
- Each chapter is supplemented by intensive Language exercises