Oxford Fast Forward Windows 7 And MS Office 2013 Class 1
Oxford University Press
Sangeeta Panchal & Alka Sabharwal
No. of Pages:
About the book & Series
Fast Forward: Windows 7 and MS Office 2013, the latest edition of the Fast Forward series for a classes 1 to 8 aims to make the study of computer science engaging and interactive for students. Designed to provide a basic but solid grounding in computer science, the new series covers the fundamentals of computers and internet services, with the MS Office 2013 modules focusing on Word, Power point, Excel, Publisher, and Access. It also takes up K Turtle in primary and Scratch in the middle school as an introduction to the concepts of computer programming. Further, students develop their artistic and creative side by learning how to create simple animation in Pivot Animator and movies using windows Moviemaker.
- Action Break within a chapter provides students situational exercises with their solutions to reinforce conceptual learning.
- Geek Speak at the end of a chapter lists the important terms a student comes across in the chapter along with their definitions.
- Computer Manners present computer etiquette using cartoon strips.
- Exercises in each chapter has varied questions set testing learners on all aspects of conceptual theory covered in that chapter.
- Work Out! Provides situation-based practical questions that are to be tried hands-on, thus encouraging critical thinking and developing the ability to choose the correct commands and operations.
- Worksheet provided after every two chapters is recommended for use formative assessment tool, white a Term Paper may be used for summative assessment practice.
Country of origin India