Oxford Cosmos Social Studies For Primary School Class 5
Oxford University Press
Moneesha Sharma, Amita Prasad, Sheela Ramakrishnan
No. of Pages:
About the book & Series
Oxford Cosmo is a new series of social studies books for classes 1 – 5. Innovatively designed and adhering to a child-friendly approach, these books provide a strong foundation for later learning. In addition, the books use important skill-building techniques and make the study of social studies an enjoyable experience. In classes 1 and 2, students are introduced to social studies by relating it to the world around them. In classes 3 to 5, the books introduce the students to history, civics and geography in a way that is easy to understand and retain.
- Attractive layout, bright illustrations and photographs, clear and simple maps and colour-coded timelines help in learning.
- Topics Covered at the beginning of each chapter gives a snapshot of the content.
- An introductory activity at the start of the chapter introduces the child to the content.
- Think and Answer encourages critical thinking and learning.
- Discuss helps develop observation, listening and communication skills.
- In-text questions motivate the children to go beyond the textbook and develop creative and analytics thinking.
- Did you know? Provides interesting snippets of information.
- Values and Life Skills facilitates introspection and reasoning skills.
- Remember helps in quick recapitulation of the important points of the chapter.
- New Words explains difficult words in a simple manner.
- Exercises reinforce learning.
- Things to Do contains individual and group activities that provides hands-on experience and make learning fun and interactive.
- Term Papers help in revision.