Maths Wiz A Course In Mathematics For Class 6
S.Chand & Company Pvt.Ltd
S.K. Gupta & Anubhuti Gangal
No. of Pages:
About the book
MathsWiz, a series of nine textbooks for class KG to Class 8, is a course based on the National Curriculum Framework and the guidelines provided therein. The content is student-centered and activity-based, laying the utmost emphasis on developing problem-solving skills and encouraging the child to think creatively and work independently. Each book of the series is accompanied by an interactive student CD to help concept-building by showing its application in daily life. The CD also supplements the book content through visuals, interactive practice and additional information. The course package also includes Teacher’s Manuals and Web Support.
- Test Your Understanding exercises for immediate practice have been given almost after every topic.
- Exercises have been designed to include a variety of questions, especially Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS).
- Chapter Assessment provided at the end of each chapter to assess the child’s understanding of the concepts learnt.
- Maths Lab Activities as per CBSE guidelines have been incorporated.
- Formative Assessment has been included as a part of the on-going scholastic evaluation of the child.
- Mental Maths exercises have been given to develop skills in rapid calculations.
- Maths Alert to warn against likely mistakes and misconceptions.
- Summative Assessment at the end of each term has been skillfully prepared incorporating all types of questions such as Very Short Answer Type Questions (Concept review, true-false, matching questions), Short Answer Type Questions, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).