Know For Sure General Knowledge Book 8
Britannica (India) Pvt. Ltd
No. of Pages:
About the book & Series
The revised edition of Know For Sure is an Encyclopedia Britannica General Knowledge series of eight books for classes 1 to 8. Exploring the recommendations of National Curriculum Framework (NCF) 2005, the series systematically deals with subjects and areas recommended for learning.
Designed with a perspective of ‘India’ and the ‘World’ this edition of Know for Sure contains a lot more to engage and excite young minds. It kindles an all-round interest in subjects both familiar and unknown and enables a sound grasp of facts.
- Latest, authentic, and diverse information
- Content linked to the class curriculum
- Special pages with India-specific information
- Titbits containing unusual and interesting bits of information
- Challenging quizzes and brain-teasers to sharpen the students numerical and logical abilities
- Numerous individual and group-based activities that are enjoyable, creative and engaging
- Infographics to explain the processes related to natural, physical or biological phenomena
- Word games to enhance language skills
- To Do segments to expose learners to surveys, handicrafts, recipes, yoga, and more
- Board games for learning while one plays
- Story activities to encourage rational responses and class debates
- Current affairs booklets carrying 250-300 questions accompanying books for classes 3 to 8
- Simplicity of language and colourful illustrations and pictures to enhance the joy of learning
- Model Test Papers to help students to reinforce their learning
- Quiz Yourself pages for quick self-evaluation
- Internet links and sources to motivate self-learning
Know for Sure excitingly imparts knowledge and information that is closely linked to the interests, the experience, the life and world of the child
Siddhartha Basu is one of the India’s best known quiz masters, whose contribution to the field since the mid-1980s has added new dimensions to knowledge games in India. Some of the well-known TV quizzes conducted and produced by him are Mastermind India, Kaun Banega Crorepati, India’s Child Genius, and Kya Aap Paanchi Pass se Tez Hain?