Digital Voyage Computer Science Series Book 3
Britannica (India) Pvt. Ltd
No. of Pages:
About the book & Series
Digital Voyage, an Encyclopedia Britannica school series of books for classes 1 to 8, uses an interactive and hands-on approach to teach the essentials of computers. Each book comes with a teacher CD that contains a set of animations to conduct a class and demonstrate software procedures.
Based on the latest trends in computer education, the series covers popular computer devices and software for real life tasks. Books 1 to 5 include the basics of computer science with real-life examples on how to use Windows, Microsoft Office, Logo programming, and the internet. Books 6 to 8 also include HTML, QBASIC, Visual Basic, C++, Adobe Flash and Adobe Photoshop.
- Covers Windows 7 with an overview of Windows 8
- Covers MS Office 2010 as well as What’s new in Office 2013
- Provides updates on programming languages, such as QBASIC
- Intersperses explanations with chapter-specific exercise, lab activities, and projects.
- Contains cross-discipline projects that link computer science with other subjects taught in school
- Provides Did-you-know tips to increase student’s awareness of facts, concepts, and inventions related to computers.
- Formative and Summative assessments strategically placed to fulfil CBSE requirements.
- Includes the Fun with Computers section with games and activities for students
- Includes National Cyber Olympiad questions on IT in book 1-8
- Provides ergonomic tips to help students avoid common health issues related to excessive and improper use of computers
- Has Teacher CDs with animations to facilitate the illustration of concepts and demonstration of software in class
- Computer care tips
- Practical tips for the use of Windows and other software
- Definitions of new or difficult words used in chapter
- The iConnect section to provide a link between the Apple and Windows interfaces and make students aware of Apple devices and user interfaces
- The Think and Discuss section to promote speaking, listening, and collaborative learning skills
- Worksheets to build rational and logical thinking skills related to the topics taught
Country of origin India